Friday

emo screamo emo poser emo punk emo pussy emo ro-co emo skank emo lite emo yada yada ‘n’ yada…..

Excuse me,may I ask? What’s “emo” stand for? Do you know? I don’t know any shit about it. I’m confused actually. Look what I’ve found; At first I thought it was a short form for emotional. Fair enuff, cos it is.. right? Don’t you think so? Secondly, I thought, u know.. something that are stereotyped with teens who wear tight jeans, bold eyeliner, black nail polish, long dyed straight hair, horn-rimmed glasses or pierced. That’s the fashion nowadays. You can see it everywhere on the street or on the net (friendster/myspace). They are indeed introvert, basically emotional sensitive…(wondering- am I right?) I do polish my nails black, wear horn-rimmed glass, pierced, does this consider that I am an emo too?

(This is the comment that I found on the net)

Probably (Plaza Catlunya is mine!) is right. That kind of attire doesn’t define a person whether or not he/she is an emo. Out there, there are bunches of teen who dress like this. Most likely it is stylish and tasteful.

Chup! Emo to be likely hurt themselves? Self-harming?

Guess what, Hannah Bond, the 13 yrs old girl who committed suicide after joining the “Black Parade” a.k.a self-harming “emo” cult. This is so sickening!! Can you believe that killing yourself is a glamorous thing?? For god sake!

It is believe that the trend coming from the sad theme and emotional lyric from rock genre kind of music. No doubt that she was obsessed with My Chemical Romance songs.

The lead singer of MCR, Gerard Way claimed that

(Really?). Another band, Panic at the disco saying that

Unfortunately these two bands are classified as emo. Hmm…

Anyway there are many stereotypes to what exactly an emo is.

SO WHAT THE HECK IS *EMO* ANYWAY?

Emo : emotive hardcore, an attitude.

Emo Trend: fashion from emocore.

Emocore: hardcore + punk in the late 80’s

Emo kids : listen to emocore, sensitive, shy, introverted, quiet, express feeling by writing poem.

Emo poetry : combination of emotional tone, nonexistent rhyme, dark depressing adjectives, concern mutability of time and love.

Emo screamo : Emo music. Not screaming kind of music. Go and listen to Loma Prieta, Portraits of Past, Anomie, & La Quiete, find out yourself. Screamo is not popular.

P/S: *EVEN THO’ YOU ARE EMO, DOESN’T MEAN YOU NEED TO HURT YOURSELF JUST B’COS NO ONE UNDERSTAND YOUR WORLD.*

IF YOU ARE EMO, PLEASE BE THE REAL EMO, SELF-HARMING IS NOT PART OF EMO.

-thank you-

1 blahs for a better world:

chuck said...

kinda agreed with u ..
people who listen emo music, don't mean she/he need to go to commit suicide.
sometime i listened emo music too. I feel damn nice because those kind of music , sometime it can release my stress and tension. sometime i felt damn low , i will listen those kind of music.
Emo= popular trend now and emo music is damn popular. Everyone start to dream have their own emo band.